- 1A minor wrongdoing: the player can expect a suspension for his latest misdemeanourMore example sentences
- Because of the risk of fire, there was no heating of any kind and this was a rigorously male society; heavy fines were imposed for even minor misdemeanours such as talking loudly (rather like Scottish public schools used to be).
- But with the exception of a visit to New York in September 2001, this book is just a series of anecdotes about caravans, blocked toilets, petty rows and minor misdemeanours in her car.
- Children as young as 14 are also working illegally, while minor workplace misdemeanours are frequently met with corporal punishment or punitive wage reductions.
- 2 Law A non-indictable offence, regarded in the US (and formerly in the UK) as less serious than a felony: he pleaded guilty to misdemeanoursMore example sentences
- The fact that he pled guilty to a misdemeanor and not a felony, I believe, still is going to put him in some jeopardy with immigration.
- Gradually the distinctions between felonies and misdemeanours were eroded by legislation.
- A fourth violation results in a minor misdemeanor for the establishment and referral to the Ohio Department of Liquor Control.