verb (misdials, misdialling, misdialled; US misdials, misdialing, misdialed)[no object]
- Dial a telephone number incorrectly: callers sometimes misdial and think they’ve got through to the garageMore example sentences
- I'll need to ring the supply company because either they've issued the number twice or it might just be a similar number that people are misdialling.
- But because of his poor sight and their panic, they misdialled.
- She said she thought she was going to die and tried to call her husband, but in her panic she misdialled.
nounBack to top
- An act of dialling a telephone number incorrectly: BT said the number of misdials was lower than expectedMore example sentences
- If it really was a misdial, they weren't really rude.
- I then piped up admitting my misdial.. the mistake was established and we apologized profusely.
- Well, that morning after my misdial my phone rang.
More definitions of misdialDefinition of misdial in:
- The US English dictionary