Definition of misestimate in English:
Make an incorrect estimate of: it became clear that we’d misestimated the difficulty of the project
More example sentences
- More recently, a population survey carried out by the Kenyan government has shown that UNAIDS misestimated the prevalence of HIV in Kenya by a factor of two.
- Well, I think the short answer is that they misestimated the threat that they would be facing at this point.
- Investors seem to be systematically misestimating the probability of finding a big winner.
- Example sentences
- The second question is: How do we account for the terrible misestimations of our intelligence services?
- A flawed acquisition strategy and a defective management approach exacerbated the cost misestimation.
- These corrections are very sensitive to the input parameters chosen for the core simulation, and slight misestimations of these have large reactivity effects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India