Make an incorrect estimate of: it became clear that we’d misestimated the difficulty of the project
More example sentences
- More recently, a population survey carried out by the Kenyan government has shown that UNAIDS misestimated the prevalence of HIV in Kenya by a factor of two.
- Well, I think the short answer is that they misestimated the threat that they would be facing at this point.
- Investors seem to be systematically misestimating the probability of finding a big winner.
- Example sentences
- The second question is: How do we account for the terrible misestimations of our intelligence services?
- A flawed acquisition strategy and a defective management approach exacerbated the cost misestimation.
- These corrections are very sensitive to the input parameters chosen for the core simulation, and slight misestimations of these have large reactivity effects.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mis|esti¦mate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.