Govern (a state or country) unfairly or inefficiently: every nation has the right to govern, or misgovern, itself
More example sentences
- If we can keep our unity, we can turf out of their seats those who have misgoverned the country.
- The stories are set in the 1190s, with King Richard away on crusade and his shifty brother John misgoverning the country.
- Unfortunately, the Alliance members, most of whom belong to Uzbek and Tajik ethnic minorities, had misgoverned the country in the early 1990s.
- More example sentences
- Enthusiasm at the possibility of transcending ethnic politics turned to dismay as misgovernment, corruption, and human rights violations occurred.
- ‘An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment,’ he wrote.
- Many nationalists disapproved of migration, arguing that it was the wicked and inevitable product of British misgovernment.
Definition of misgovern in:
- The US English dictionary