verb (past and past participle misheard /-ˈhəːd/)[with object]
- Fail to hear (a person or their words) correctly: she must have misheard him [no object]: for a moment, he thought he had misheardMore example sentences
- When asked why he had told the police otherwise, he said: ‘They must've misheard me’.
- He must have misheard me, because he looked at me with dumb uncomprehending love.
- No, you must have misheard me… I didn't say I couldn't read, I said I didn't like to.
More definitions of mishearDefinition of mishear in:
- The US English dictionary