Definition of misperceive in English:
Perceive wrongly or incorrectly: every now and then one speaker or reader misperceives some word, and a mutation results
More example sentences
- Commonly, pilgrims misperceive this vision and incorrectly assume that the vision is a piece of land devoid of rocks and stones upon which something may be built.
- To perceive these cargoes as ‘ballast’ is to misperceive the nature of the coastal trade.
- I suggest that many Americans misperceive the process of gaining citizenship, and think it's actually a lot easier than it proves to be.
- Example sentences
- The possibility of unforeseeable misperceptions and illusions is fundamental to objectivity.
- The most interesting part of the story is the handy little graphic that shows the correlation of the misperceptions held with the primary news source of the mistaken respondents.
- ‘I think that was a misperception on people's parts,’ she says of the accusations of an imbalance in her programming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia