- 1Put (an object) in the wrong place and so lose it temporarily: I’m sure the jewellery has just been misplaced, and not stolenMore example sentences
- Is there anyone reading this who hasn't been guilty at some point of misplacing their keys, losing track of the time or forgetting someone's name?
- Instead I've somehow lost or misplaced the information.
- All too often, photographs, documents and stories are misplaced or lost and the memories of families or cultures are left with gaping holes.
- 2Position incorrectly: Crewe came back into the game when Strachan misplaced a pass in the midfieldMore example sentences
- The Albanians didn't do a lot of attacking and Rio spent most of the time defending closer to the half way line than the box and I don't think he misplaced a pass all game.
- As the game wore on and Arsenal continued to misplace passes, the crowd's frustration grew.
- While Kennedy was a nervy presence alongside Stanislav Varga, misplacing the odd pass across the back, and twice committing errors that could have been punished by McSwegan, Pearson was more impressive.
- More example sentences
- The repeated misplacement of secret disks at Los Alamos National Laboratory has shut down the nuclear weapons center for the last six weeks.
- System backup tapes, which are small, portable, and typically stored outside the data center for off-site disaster recovery purposes, may be susceptible to unauthorized access, data theft, misplacement, or corruption.
- In addition to performance limitations, backups and recovery procedures fail due to failure of tape drives and cartridges, misplacement of cartridges, and accidental destruction of media.