verb[with object] • rare
- Fail to appreciate the value of (something); undervalue: their cultures have been misprizedMore example sentences
- It was masked as God's speaking directly to the human spirit, but it included misprizing of the corporeal in the way that they went about it.
- We must not see it as any misprizing of creation, as if any work of God could be evil.
- But if one assumes any of the natural roles, misprizing externals is no longer an option.
late 15th century: from Old French mesprisier, from mes- 'wrongly' + prisier 'estimate the value of'.
More definitions of misprizeDefinition of misprize in:
- The US English dictionary