Definition of misreport in English:
Give a false or inaccurate account of (something): the press exaggerated and misreported the response to the film
More example sentences
- If you share my view of how the press is overdramatizing and misreporting every step of the primaries, read this article.
- As I discovered on reading his report of my talk and our conversation, he was certainly not above distorting or misreporting the facts to make his points!
- Adding to these losses, Enron failed because its management was allegedly caught defrauding the market with false reporting, tax evasion - or misreporting income - and manipulating accounting rules.
nounBack to top
A false or incorrect report.
- I am also curious as to whether those reports did in fact report movement of the ship, or whether it was a misreport, and any assessment you are aware of to that effect.
- A relieved MacArthur, who had suffered an hour of doubt following an early misreport of failure, informed Washington that ‘the whole operation is proceeding on schedule’.
- Therefore, some cases of asthma may represent a misreport of asthmalike symptoms.
Words that rhyme with misreportabort, apport, assort, athwart, aught, besought, bethought, bort, bought, brought, caught, cavort, comport, consort, contort, Cort, court, distraught, escort, exhort, export, extort, fort, fought, fraught, import, methought, mort, naught, nought, Oort, ought, outfought, port, Porte, purport, quart, rort, short, snort, sort, sought, sport, support, swart, taught, taut, thought, thwart, tort, transport, wart, wrought
Definition of misreport in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.