verb (past and past participle misspent /-ˈspɛnt/)[with object] (usually as adjective misspent)
- Spend (one’s time or money) foolishly, wrongly, or wastefully: perhaps I am atoning for my misspent youthMore example sentences
- Sunday's piece highlighted court-appointed guardians who failed to file required reports on their clients or misspent clients' money.
- In June, EU ministers argued that misspent money should be paid back within eight years - hardly an onerous deadline.
- When it was exposed that he had misspent taxpayer's money, he promptly resigned.
More definitions of misspendDefinition of misspend in:
- The US English dictionary