- Make wrong or inaccurate statements about: to say that he was alone misstates the caseMore example sentences
- Not only did he get the quote wrong, he also misstated the name of the character who said it and what the line referred to!
- But he didn't misstate anything or misrepresent himself at all.
- I think that misstates President Clinton's post-presidency statements on Social Security.
- More example sentences
- If these paragraphs are representative, however, the article as a whole should contain, by conservative extrapolation, approximately 94 other serious distortions and misstatements of fact.
- It's been going on for a couple of cycles now, and it was designed to be - is designed to be both an antidote to the misstatements that the candidates say during the debate, but also it's supposed to be an antidote to spin.
- Both men repeated misstatements made in earlier debates, and added a few new ones.