- Denoting or relating to the mitral valve: mitral insufficiencyMore example sentences
- Other cardiovascular causes include severe mitral stenosis and pulmonary embolism.
- Mitral valve regurgitation is also called mitral insufficiency, or incompetence.
- He was found to have severe mitral regurgitation associated with a ruptured mitral chord and infective endocarditis.
early 17th century: from modern Latin mitralis, from Latin mitra 'belt or turban'.
More definitions of mitralDefinition of mitral in:
- The US English dictionary