- 1Joined with a mitre joint or seam: complete the sides with mitred cornersMore example sentences
- The requirements for the box were: a base; four sides with mitered seams for the corners; a lid; and a handle.
- But today manufacturers are turning out trim with a heavy grain and mitered corners for a realistic appearance and shadow line.
- The key parts of the bench are the front and back legs - both have mitered corner joints and rounded bottoms.
- 2Bearing, wearing, or entitled to wear a mitre: the mitred abbot of BattleMore example sentences
- Here she was vested in her robes of state and was met by the bishop who was to perform the ceremony, with all the chapel Royal in their copes, the bishop mitred.
- A recent editorial cartoon showed a clerical procession in which a mitred man is being preceded down a church aisle by two young altar boys.
More definitions of mitredDefinition of mitred in:
- The US English dictionary