- A gathering of people consisting of members of both sexes: young ladies were always chaperoned in mixed company risqué stories more suitable to the smoking room than to mixed companyMore example sentences
- But on the subject of what constitutes fit topics for conversation in mixed company, traditionalist views dominate the male mindset at the Billabong.
- It also heightens the risk that a long-forgotten favorite song will pop up, for better or for worse, in mixed company.
- The fundamental women's right that was fought for then had been a part of women's lives for centuries before being discussed in mixed company and won in the public arena.
More definitions of mixed companyDefinition of mixed company in:
- The US English dictionary