noun[treated as singular]
- (Especially in tennis and badminton) a game or competition involving sides each consisting of a man and a woman.More example sentences
- The two have paired together at Wimbledon in the mixed doubles competition.
- The format for the knockout competition consisted of four singles matches, a boys and girls doubles game and two mixed doubles match ups.
- It also holds monthly American tournaments, which involves mixed doubles games where players draw for a partner.
More definitions of mixed doublesDefinition of mixed doubles in:
- The US English dictionary