verb[no object] (it mizzles, it is mizzling, etc.) Back to top
Rain lightly: it was mizzling steadily
More example sentences
- Even as the drizzle mizzles down relentlessly on the site, it is a truly Arcadian setting.
- Yesterday and today have been gorgeous, blue skies, small clouds and only mizzled this morning for a short while.
- Moreover, chocolate can be dissolved by heat from below then vertically transferred to the top of the fountain, where it then mizzles downward the tiers.
- Example sentences
- It was a grey, mizzly day and I had no good reason to go out at all.
- ‘Okay, why don't you stop us,’ he mocked, but something skittish and shamed began to leak into his eyes, a grey, mizzly vapor that snuffed out all the light.
- Through his mizzly eyes he saw her handkerchief.
Words that rhyme with mizzlechisel, drizzle, fizzle, frizzle, grizzle, sizzle, swizzle, twizzle
Late 18th century: of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.