another term for mnemonics.
More example sentences
- He has written on such topics as the mnemotechnics of interfaces, the cultural implications of nanotechnology, the aesthetics of speed, and crash test dummies.
- This materialization of mnemotechnics has left the role of the imagination uncertain.
- For his last work published in 1591, Bruno once again focused on magic and astrological mnemotechnics.
mid 19th century: from Greek mnēmē 'memory' + -technics (see technic).
- More example sentences
- The term ‘mnemonic-keyword method’ was coined by Atkinson to describe a mnemotechnic procedure for learning vocabulary in a second language.
- According to the author, the acrostic may first have been used as a mnemotechnic device to ensure completeness in the oral transmission of sacred texts.
- If writing remains the enabling limit within coding, this is because we are not dealing with a simple movement from writing to code, but with a new turn to the archival and mnemotechnic structure that is writing.