- 1The ability to move or be moved freely and easily: this exercise helps retain mobility in the damaged jointsMore example sentences
- It makes it possible for people who have real problems of mobility to participate more easily in their own democracy.
- The group had a degree of child mobility with children moving between carers for a range of reasons.
- Now she fears her permanently-limited mobility has blocked that ambition.
- 1.1The ability to move between different levels in society or employment: industrialization would open up increasing chances of social mobilityMore example sentences
- The most egalitarian societies are also those with the highest level of social mobility.
- That is, there would have to be the possibility of both upward and downward social mobility.
- The middle class is large and for its members, upward or downward social mobility is rather easy.