- A bushy shrub of north temperate regions, which is cultivated for its strongly scented white flowers, the perfume of which resembles orange blossom.
More example sentences
- Genus Philadelphus, family Hydrangeaceae (formerly Philadelphaceae): several species and hybrids, in particular P. coronarius
- Add jewel mint of Corsica or creeping thyme between a path's stepping stones, and, if you have room, put a lemon or orange tree or a mock orange beside the path.
- Gardeners could lay the same charge against most mock oranges.
- And my mock orange bloomed very little this spring.
More definitions of mock orangeDefinition of mock orange in:
- The US English dictionary