- 1A model or replica of a machine or structure, used for instructional or experimental purposes: a mock-up of a steam locomotive cab [as modifier]: a mock-up prototypeMore example sentences
- With full-size prototypes, mock-ups and models made with sample materials, tactility, texture, tone and technique are expressed.
- This wasn't just any ordinary old white van either, according to the police, who said it was so unusual that it took time to provide a mock-up model for last week's crime reconstruction at the bank.
- It has to be clear that the mock-up is for information purposes only, not to solicit comments for a redesign.
- 1.1An arrangement of text and pictures to be printed: a mock-up of the following day’s front pageMore example sentences
- Management reviewed the text and mock-ups, but largely left the project to the author and designer.
- In the next picture (a mock-up of the preferences screen) you've seen that I've put in an option to make that name editable or uneditable.
- Last Saturday, a tabloid published a mock-up picture of him wearing a dunce's cap.
More definitions of mock-upDefinition of mock-up in:
- The US English dictionary