- 1 • historical A village providing a high standard of housing, typically built by an employer for the workforce: he built a cotton mill and around it a model village for his workersMore example sentences
- Muirhouses was built in the 1860s as a model village for workers on the Carriden House Estate, and the original cottages were designated a Conservation Area in 1975.
- Hard up against the gates William Lever created the model village of Port Sunlight.
- Later they would visit the town shops and cafes, and whole families can have a day out, combining a journey by rail on the Settle-Carlisle with the model village experience.
- 2A small copy of a village or a collection of models of famous buildings arranged as a village, typically built as a tourist attraction: a model village of Europe with landmarks from the member states in miniatureMore example sentences
- This year sees the return of the model village a great attraction for children and adults.
- It is also an attraction in itself for all the family with an indoor play zone, a butterfly farm, model village and other fun attractions.
- This model village in Leyburn has all the fine detail of village life on a scale of 1:32 - from the pub and post office to a church with a wedding taking place.