Definition of mohair in English:
1The hair of the angora goat.
- Their large herd of Angora goats that are sheared for the fiber the goats produce, mohair, are rounded up twice a year.
- His great-uncle started the business in the mid-19th century when he moved to Bradford from Turkey to trade in opium for the pharmaceutical trade, wheat, barley, fur and mohair.
- Farmers from as far as Jilingarra, Gidgegannup, Merredin and Armadale visited the farm to see a team of local shearers and the preparation of mohair for sale.
1.1A yarn or fabric made from mohair, typically mixed with wool: [as modifier]: a mohair sweater
More example sentences
- For our illustration, we chose a tailored skirt suit in a textured wool, mohair, and linen blend.
- The clothing is available in a vast variety of weights, with plush effects, blended with silk, mohair, wool and lurex in the ways that make these garments instantly recognizable.
- From the toy bears on wheels, they expanded to the production of stuffed toy animals for which they utilized mohair plush, a new fabric woven from the wool of angora goats.
Words that rhyme with mohairhorsehair • shorthair
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.