Definition of moisture in English:
Water or other liquid diffused in a small quantity as vapour, within a solid, or condensed on a surface: the air was constantly heavy with moisture [as modifier]: in freshly felled wood the moisture content varies
More example sentences
- As the place fills up, the extra moisture in the air condenses on the roof.
- As the air rises it cools and the moisture contained within it condenses into clouds and eventually it rains.
- In other areas, it is usually slowed by water moisture in the atmosphere.
- Example sentences
- Adam breathed deeply of the moistureless, high-altitude air and felt a familiar, if long absent soreness in his throat and his sinus.
- In dry caves, preservation is often excellent, due to moistureless air and limited bacterial activity.
- Along the road were mud bricks put together in the shape of small houses to dry in the hot and moistureless desert climate.
Words that rhyme with moisturejointure
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.