Definition of moisture in English:
Water or other liquid diffused in a small quantity as vapour, within a solid, or condensed on a surface: the air was constantly heavy with moisture [as modifier]: in freshly felled wood the moisture content varies
More example sentences
- As the place fills up, the extra moisture in the air condenses on the roof.
- As the air rises it cools and the moisture contained within it condenses into clouds and eventually it rains.
- In other areas, it is usually slowed by water moisture in the atmosphere.
- Example sentences
- Adam breathed deeply of the moistureless, high-altitude air and felt a familiar, if long absent soreness in his throat and his sinus.
- In dry caves, preservation is often excellent, due to moistureless air and limited bacterial activity.
- Along the road were mud bricks put together in the shape of small houses to dry in the hot and moistureless desert climate.