- A small, typically silvery fish that lives in shallow coastal and brackish waters of tropical America.
More example sentences
- Family Gerreidae: several genera and numerous species
- The men reminisced about hearing the bell while night-fishing for mojarra and boneless quishele to sell in the market.
- Flagfin mojarra has a dark marking on the dorsal fin with a white stripe just below the dark marking.
- Striped mojarra live in shallow coastal waters and occasionally travel quite a distance into freshwater.
mid 19th century: from American Spanish.
More definitions of mojarraDefinition of mojarra in:
- The US English dictionary