- 1(In Hinduism and Jainism) release from the cycle of rebirth impelled by the law of karma.More example sentences
- Beth explains the main concepts including karma, moksha, dharma and the Hindu concept of God - simply and clearly.
- They each believe in maya, and in the liberation of the soul from rebirth, called moksha, as the goal of human existence.
- The four stages are what each human soul must pass through in many births to attain its final goal of moksha, freedom from rebirth.
- 1.1The transcendent state attained as a result of being released from the cycle of rebirth.More example sentences
- When enough good karma is accumulated over many lifetimes, the jiva-atman is released from this eternal cycle of samsara and attains moksha.
- If the priest says, come, I will help you attain moksha, or liberation, many will not come.
- Within the tapestry of Indian thought, solitude is an extremely important path which has to be traversed for the attainment of moksha or nirvana.
from Sanskrit mokṣa.
More definitions of mokshaDefinition of moksha in:
- The US English dictionary