noun (plural same or molas)
- another term for sunfish ( sense 1).More example sentences
- On one dive, I went after two molas molas in close proximity, but at 44m I couldn't hear a thing - including my own exhalations - and my head felt empty.
- The largest bony fish in the world, the molas can grow to be over 10 feet long and weigh up to 5,000 pounds.
- He is concerned that molas comprise an ‘alarmingly’ large portion of the eastern Pacific drift net fishery by-catch.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'millstone', with reference to the shape.
More definitions of molaDefinition of mola in:
- The US English dictionary