Definition of molasses in English:
1Thick, dark brown juice obtained from raw sugar during the refining process.
- They developed a much simpler and cheaper process using fermented molasses or wheat - eventually manufacturers realised that almost any protein can be broken down to produce it.
- Nowadays it is usually manufactured from wheat gluten or beet molasses by a fermentation process devised in the 1950s.
- MSG is a powdered form of glutamate made by fermenting molasses from sugar cane and beets.
1.1North American Syrup used in baking and to pour over food.
- The food was plain and the menus monotonous, and it took time to get used to the ever-present tea, heavily sweetened with molasses and poured from large steel drums.
- Choose whole-grain flakes, nuggets or biscuits, with healthier, natural sweeteners like honey, molasses or brown rice syrup.
- Add the molasses, corn oil, and maple syrup and, using a rubber spatula, gently stir to combine.
Words that rhyme with molassescongeries • Potteries
Definition of molasses in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan