- 1A southern European plant related to the onions, with small yellow flowers.
More example sentences
- Allium moly, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- A. moly is commonly regarded as ‘the golden garlic,’ with dense umbels of bright golden yellow flowers on 12-inch stems.
- Allium moly is an ornamental allium, or flowering onion.
- Allium moly is a yellow-flowered species which is native to south-western Europe and the Pyrenees.
- 2A mythical herb with white flowers and black roots, endowed with magic properties.More example sentences
- ‘Eat this sprig of the moly plant,’ the boy said, ‘and be protected from enchantment.’
- I don't really care whether it's the moly, the bullet, or some secret ingredient.
mid 16th century (in sense 2): via Latin from Greek mōlu.
- short for molybdenum.More example sentences
- For a hunting rifle, however, the advantages of moly simply don't come into play.
- Both will do a great job, but moly is much lighter; a cage built from chromoly will be approximately half the weight of a mild-steel cage.
- Not only is it fast, the bore paste removes all types of fouling - powder, copper, moly, even surface rust.