- A blue-grey mineral, typically occurring as hexagonal crystals. It consists of molybdenum disulphide and is the most common ore of molybdenum.More example sentences
- Willman reported astrophyllite, biotite, molybdenite, and riebeckite associated with smoky quartz and microcline (variety amazonite) on Mount Kineo at North Cheyenne Canyon.
- The central potassic core normally contains low-grade mineralization consisting of minor chalcopyrite, molybdenite, and pyrite.
- High on the slopes of Bartlett Mountain, it contained not only gold values but also veinlets of a soft gray mineral - molybdenite.
More definitions of molybdeniteDefinition of molybdenite in:
- The US English dictionary