- A quantity expressing a body’s tendency to resist angular acceleration, which is the sum of the products of the mass of each particle in the body with the square of its distance from the axis of rotation.More example sentences
- The asymmetry of water and ozone molecules causes the moments of inertia that govern the quanta of rotational motion to be different in each spatial direction.
- For each segment, it is necessary to measure the mass, center of mass, moment of inertia, initial position and initial angular velocity.
- Even if you assume the weight does not change, the moments of inertia will increase as size increases.
More definitions of moment of inertiaDefinition of moment of inertia in:
- The US English dictionary