Definition of momentary in English:
Lasting for a very short time; brief: a momentary lapse of concentration
More example sentences
- It may have been due to her diabetes or a momentary lapse of concentration that she drifted across the road.
- Occasionally he tapped the ash, a momentary pause in the almost mechanical rhythm of the smoking.
- In any event, she was charming in the face of my momentary lapse in speech.
- Example sentences
- The thesis of the momentariness of human existence has had a recent defender in Derek Parfit.
- Despite their momentariness within the whole work, it is probable that a late 15 th-century audience familiar with the chanson would have found these quotations striking.
- Despite the extreme artificiality and banality of this Hollywood equation, he manages to convey some of the charged momentariness of a real-life encounter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan