- An isolated hill or ridge or erosion-resistant rock rising above a peneplain.More example sentences
- Rising above the flattened Piedmont terrain east and southeast of Atlanta are several large rock masses known as monadnocks.
- With Mount Royal on his doorstep, it was only natural that the monadnocks stretching eastward from Montreal across the Saint Lawrence valley would attract his attention.
- They may also rise starkly as massive monadnocks that have served as quarries, trash dumps, artistic surfaces, picnic grounds, and mystery sites among casual visitors.
late 19th century: named after Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire, US.
More definitions of monadnockDefinition of monadnock in:
- The US English dictionary