- 1Of or involving one ear.More example sentences
- They found that patients who were fitted binaurally after a monaural trial perceived their hearing aids to have a higher value.
- Such monaural listening conditions occur not only in people who are deaf in one ear, but when a sound on one side is too quiet to reach one of the ears.
- For the most part, studies of monaural loudness adaptation with both procedures have treated the ear of input rather casually.
- 2 another term for monophonic ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Analog telephones currently found in every U.S. home suffer from extremely poor, monaural AM radio quality sound.
- Aside from the film's musical scenes, which would have been much livelier in stereo, the monaural soundtrack is quite adequate.
- The frequency is 3880.0 MHz, and audio is monaural at 6.80 MHz.
- More example sentences
- Stimuli were presented monaurally via TDH - 49 headphones, selecting left or right ear randomly.
- The case studies used in the survey were of patients who had been fitted with hearing aids binaurally, except for case 2 who obviously was fitted monaurally.
- All auditory stimuli were presented monaurally to the left ear via a specially designed, individually fitted hearing aid device.
More definitions of monauralDefinition of monaural in:
- The US English dictionary