Definition of monaural in English:
1Of or involving one ear.
- They found that patients who were fitted binaurally after a monaural trial perceived their hearing aids to have a higher value.
- Such monaural listening conditions occur not only in people who are deaf in one ear, but when a sound on one side is too quiet to reach one of the ears.
- For the most part, studies of monaural loudness adaptation with both procedures have treated the ear of input rather casually.
2 another term for monophonic (sense 1).
- Analog telephones currently found in every U.S. home suffer from extremely poor, monaural AM radio quality sound.
- Aside from the film's musical scenes, which would have been much livelier in stereo, the monaural soundtrack is quite adequate.
- The frequency is 3880.0 MHz, and audio is monaural at 6.80 MHz.
- Example sentences
- Stimuli were presented monaurally via TDH - 49 headphones, selecting left or right ear randomly.
- The case studies used in the survey were of patients who had been fitted with hearing aids binaurally, except for case 2 who obviously was fitted monaurally.
- All auditory stimuli were presented monaurally to the left ear via a specially designed, individually fitted hearing aid device.
Definition of monaural in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan