adverb & adjective• informal , chiefly US
- Used in reference to something very striking or remarkable of its kind (often in conjunction with a pseudo-Italian noun or adjective): [as adverb]: I think it’s going to be mondo weirdo this year, AndyMore example sentences
- Even though I'm not going for tacky, the 99-cent stores are coming in handy, because the red ball ornaments there are mondo cheapo.
- They believe he will have a serious re-election fight on his hands next year and needs mondo cash to wage it.
- Some girls feel fine with it, but many feel shaken up by this mondo change in their bodies.
from Italian Mondo Cane, literally 'dog's world', the title of a film (1961) depicting bizarre behaviour.
More definitions of mondoDefinition of mondo in:
- The US English dictionary