Overeager to make money; grasping: money-grubbing speculators
More example sentences
- Today, he's a greedy, money-grubbing official.
- If we are made to submit this application, the world will see us for what we really are - money-grubbing, greedy, corporate thieves.
- The great crimes of the twentieth century were committed not by money-grubbing capitalists but by dedicated idealists.
- Example sentences
- And everyone - aristocrats, bohemians, and philosophers alike - denounced the bourgeoisie as selfish money-grubbers.
- So you have the original and you bought the re-mastered version last year - why should you keep shelling out the bucks to these money-grubbers?
- Let's help drive all these money-grubbers crazy by demanding real campaign finance reform.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: money-grubbing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.