Definition of money-grubbing in English:
Overeager to make money; grasping: money-grubbing speculators
More example sentences
- Today, he's a greedy, money-grubbing official.
- If we are made to submit this application, the world will see us for what we really are - money-grubbing, greedy, corporate thieves.
- The great crimes of the twentieth century were committed not by money-grubbing capitalists but by dedicated idealists.
- Example sentences
- And everyone - aristocrats, bohemians, and philosophers alike - denounced the bourgeoisie as selfish money-grubbers.
- So you have the original and you bought the re-mastered version last year - why should you keep shelling out the bucks to these money-grubbers?
- Let's help drive all these money-grubbers crazy by demanding real campaign finance reform.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan