Definition of money-spinner in English:
A thing that brings in a profit: we hoped this show would be a money-spinner
More example sentences
- Serials are major money-spinners as they bring in commercials of consumer goods.
- It is hoped that the trial could lead to the plant becoming a valuable money-spinner for farmers in Scotland, who have seen their earnings plummet in recent years.
- Today, heritage is proving a money-spinner as a major tourist attraction the way it has been packaged and is being marketed.
- Example sentences
- Scientists warn that economic success depends on producing science graduates who can make money-spinning technological advances and discoveries.
- His threat to derail the money-spinning deal will be pursued through the British and European courts under anti-competition legislation, according to a newspaper report yesterday.
- When they announced it was holding a seminar for people wanting to make a million it seemed the ideal opportunity to pick up some money-spinning ideas.
Definition of money-spinner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan