A thing that brings in a profit: we hoped this show would be a money-spinner
More example sentences
- Serials are major money-spinners as they bring in commercials of consumer goods.
- It is hoped that the trial could lead to the plant becoming a valuable money-spinner for farmers in Scotland, who have seen their earnings plummet in recent years.
- Today, heritage is proving a money-spinner as a major tourist attraction the way it has been packaged and is being marketed.
- More example sentences
- Scientists warn that economic success depends on producing science graduates who can make money-spinning technological advances and discoveries.
- His threat to derail the money-spinning deal will be pursued through the British and European courts under anti-competition legislation, according to a newspaper report yesterday.
- When they announced it was holding a seminar for people wanting to make a million it seemed the ideal opportunity to pick up some money-spinning ideas.
Definition of money-spinner in:
- The US English dictionary