noun[usually treated as singular] • informal
- A wealthy person: he is befriended by the daughter of the local moneybagsMore example sentences
- Some parties regard the Asian community as walking moneybags.
- You hear all sorts of rumours, but I can assure fans that we are not the moneybags of the Conference.
- Has it finally dawned on you that your reputation as an entertainer - for the crowds and therefore, for the corporate moneybags - is fast overshadowing your greatness as a batsman?
More definitions of moneybagsDefinition of moneybags in:
- The US English dictionary