- A person who mints money.More example sentences
- The economic status of Ipswich in the Late Saxon Age is seen in the number of moneyers minting coins there.
- Offa's coinage was produced largely at Canterbury, by named moneyers, was more plentiful than before, and of higher artistic merit.
- Mr Hall spoke of their surprise that the building where the die was found - the house or workshop of a ‘moneyer’ or engraver - was of wattle construction.
More definitions of moneyerDefinition of moneyer in:
- The US English dictionary