- Producing a profit, especially with little effort; profitable: he hit on an unusual moneymaking schemeMore example sentences
- We quickly turned our attention to almost any moneymaking scheme we could cook up.
- Unfortunately, most of his moneymaking schemes tended to fail.
- Numerous moneymaking schemes rely on pyramids: the recruitment of spiralling numbers of people in order to throw more money into the mix.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The action of earning a lot of money: this cynical exercise in moneymakingMore example sentences
- The next space station has to have a productive moneymaking task, such as fixing satellites and deorbiting junk.
- Simply put, it is harder to publish ‘scholarly’ books now than ever before, particularly as presses dream up ways to turn themselves into moneymaking operations.
- They shares certain characteristics, notably an indiscriminate worship of business and moneymaking, a belief in the power of the media, and a contempt for the left.