noun (plural same or moniliae /-lɪʌɪ/)
- former term for candida.More example sentences
- If witches' broom and monilia become established in West Africa, the results would be devastating to world cocoa markets.
- In an attempt to control a fungal disease known as monilia pod rot, the shade canopy was removed.
- We fully expect our experiments in Miami, Florida, to hasten discovery of cacao plants resistant to monilia pod rot, black pod, witches broom, and other costly fungal diseases.
modern Latin, from Latin monile 'necklace' (with reference to the chains of spores).
More definitions of moniliaDefinition of monilia in:
- The US English dictionary