- An aconite with blue or purple flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Aconitum, family Ranunculaceae: several species, including the European A. napellus and the North American A. uncinatum
- The mound, from base to crown, was cloaked in flowers; in monkshood, columbine, goldenrod, blazingstar and others.
- If I am diligent I can get an extra few weeks out of the delphiniums, foxgloves and monkshood by removing the spent blooms.
- The refuge was established to protect the northern monkshood, a relative of the buttercup that the federal government classifies as a threatened species.
More definitions of monkshoodDefinition of monkshood in:
- The US English dictionary