- A compound having a single amine group in its molecule, especially one which is a neurotransmitter (e.g. serotonin, noradrenaline).More example sentences
- Estrogen and progesterone seem to modulate levels of monoamines, including serotonin.
- The changes and control of emotion were related to the changes in the levels of monoamines and its metabolites in the limbic system of the brain stem.
- Therefore, it appears likely that aggression is moderated by a variety of neuromodulators, including monoamines, neuropeptides and neurosteriods.
More definitions of monoamineDefinition of monoamine in:
- The US English dictionary