- Any of a group of antidepressant drugs which inhibit the activity of monoamine oxidase (so allowing accumulation of serotonin and noradrenaline in the brain).More example sentences
- Because of a potential drug interaction, don't take mirtazapine with another type of antidepressant called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
- Products such as St John's wort may act as a mild monoamine oxidase inhibitor or as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
- Bupropion is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, which has the potential for interaction with foods and amphetamines, so I'll stick with a serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
More definitions of monoamine oxidase inhibitorDefinition of monoamine oxidase inhibitor in:
- The US English dictionary