- An aircraft or vehicle structure in which the chassis is integral with the body.More example sentences
- It featured an aluminum monocoque with plastic body panels, possibly attached with adhesives.
- Although companies have used aluminium bodies for years, the XJ's bodyshell is a first, being effectively an aluminium monocoque constructed using aerospace rivet-bonding technology.
- The V - 12 Vanquish is built around a central monocoque of bonded and riveted extruded aluminum sections attached to a large carbon fiber transmission tunnel.
early 20th century: from French, from mono- 'single' + coque 'shell'.
More definitions of monocoqueDefinition of monocoque in:
- The US English dictionary