- 1A single strand of man-made fibre.More example sentences
- Some manufacturers have developed combinations of monofilaments and fibrillated fibers; others blend macrofibers and microfibers together.
- At the high-quality end of the industry, flock manufacturers cut flock from long cables of parallel monofilaments of nylon, rayon, or polyester.
- ‘We can use a monofilament to detect the loss of sensation in the foot,’ he explains.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A type of fishing line using a monofilament.More example sentences
- I am not a great exponent of braided lines so tend to use monofilament for my fishing.
- The ability to tie a good knot in monofilament and braid lines is an ability to be cultivated and practised.
- It's essential when fishing braid, to add about 30-ft of monofilament to the end of the braid.
More definitions of monofilamentDefinition of monofilament in:
- The US English dictionary