Definition of monographic in English:
1Relating to a monograph.
- The specific purpose of the project was to identify and to microfilm monographic and serial literature relating to agricultural development and rural life between 1820 and 1945.
- In monographic detail, the book covers the terrestrial birds in the Quaternary of New Zealand, treating moa, kiwi, waterbirds, raptors, rails, shorebirds, and the remaining land birds in turn.
- It must combine monographic depth with multivariate confrontations of different social, cultural and national contexts, through the transfer of problematics beyond national territories.
1.1(Of an art gallery or exhibition) showing the works of a single artist.
- This artist's first monographic exhibition in the U.S. brings together 45 of the 17th-century Dutch painter's canvases, including renowned interior and genre scenes and incisive portraits.
- The show was relatively large for a monographic exhibition, with fifty-five drawings attributed to Bruegel and sixty-two prints after his designs.
- Top honors for a national monographic museum show went to ‘Kazimir Malevich: Suprematism,’ organized by the Menil Collection and the Guggenhelm Museum.
Words that rhyme with monographicautobiographic, autographic, bibliographic, biographic, calligraphic, cartographic, choreographic, cinematographic, cryptographic, demographic, geographic, graphic, hagiographic, historiographic, holographic, hydrographic, iconographic, lithographic, orthographic, palaeographic (US paleographic), photographic, pictographic, pornographic, reprographic, Sapphic, seraphic, stenographic, telegraphic, traffic, typographic, xerographic
Definition of monographic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.