1(Of a layer) one molecule thick.
- The strong adsorption on such materials at surface or interfaces in the form of an orientated monomolecular layer is termed surface activity.
- On the one hand, a monomolecular layer of the most abundant molecular species, DPPC, can reduce the surface tension close to zero, like the entire surfactant.
- The matter formed a monomolecular layer with rafts of condensed lipids, diffusing in a fluid matrix.
1.1Consisting of or involving one molecule.
- Electron microscopy, gel electrophoresis, and differential scanning calorimetry show that such fusion involves lipid vesicle formation and dissociation of monomolecular lipid-poor protein.
- Interestingly, the monomolecular two-state model considered for DNA condensation resembles the models for ligand-induced protein conformational transition.
- This would imply that the nucleation event is in fact a monomolecular event, e.g., a slow transition of individual lysozyme molecules to a partially folded state that initiates fibril formation.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mono|mo¦lecu¦lar
Definition of monomolecular in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.