- An aeroplane with one pair of wings. Often contrasted with biplane, triplane.More example sentences
- In rapid sequence, the heavily-loaded single-engine aircraft, seven monoplanes and one biplane, were sent on their way.
- At a time when American airliners were all-metal monoplanes, the Navy stuck with biplanes with fabric-covered wings.
- The War Ministry formed the Army Aviation Unit, purchasing eight French-built aircraft, four monoplanes and four biplanes.
More definitions of monoplaneDefinition of monoplane in:
- The US English dictionary