- A one-legged support for a camera or fishing rod.More example sentences
- At every football game on TV, we can see dozens of sideline photographers resting their heavy telephoto lenses on a monopod.
- Passengers scramble from cabins with an arsenal of cameras, long lenses, monopods and binoculars.
- Yesterday, I missed her - ironically, I was too busy fiddling the monopod onto the camera.
early 19th century: via Latin from Greek monopodion, from monos 'single' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of monopodDefinition of monopod in:
- The US English dictionary