noun[mass noun] Economics
- A capitalist system typified by trade monopolies in the hands of a few people.More example sentences
- He further argues that, as monopoly capitalism displaced competitive capitalism, hegemonic regimes replaced earlier despotism in the workplace.
- They are critical to explaining its historic inability to fulfill its own aims and create a ‘middle way’ between socialism and monopoly capitalism.
- The objective historical necessity for socialist revolution arose not simply from the fact that imperialism and monopoly capitalism inevitably gave rise to world wars.
More definitions of monopoly capitalismDefinition of monopoly capitalism in:
- The US English dictionary